Ready to step into paradise? Kauai is literally a scene out of many Hollywood movies, from Blue Hawaii to Jurassic Park. Famously referred to as the Garden Isle, Kauai doesn’t disappoint with its picturesque scenery, lush mountain backdrops, and culturally rich stories. Check out our Waimea Canyon Tour to experience Kauai thoroughly!
This tour includes visits to several sightseeing and historical sites that shaped the history of the Garden Isle. Kauai was the only island formally surrendered to King Kamehameha I, whom is credited with unifying the Hawaiian Islands, and remnants of the islands history remain still today. The Russians built Fort Elizabeth as they dreamt of having a safe haven for refueling in the islands. This IMI tour includes stops along some historical sites such as Spouting Horn, which, according to a Hawaiian folk story, is a mo’o gecko roaring under the opening. We can’t forget to visit the several Hollywood backdrops of Kauai, such as the Hanapepe lookout, which was used as inspiration for the Disney Movie, Lilo and Stitch.
- Connect and learn about Kauai’s rich history of foreign and western connections.
- Learn about Hawaii’s native plants and its medicinal uses.
- Immerse yourself in the Hawaiian language and history of the Kauai and neighboring island of Ni`ihau
- Take in the picturesque landscapes and beautiful gardens
- Be inspired through Hawaii’s rich sugar plantation history
- Lots of photo opportunities
The tour operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from approximately 7:30 am to 3:30 pm and features a number of scheduled stops including:
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout
- Menehune Pond Lookout
- Waimea Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Pacific)
- Koke`e State Park Kalalau Valley over look
- Pu’uhinahina Overlook (Waimea Valley)
- Lunch Stop- A daily menu will be present to you early in your tour giving you an opportunity to select your meal.
- Russian Fort and King Kaumuali`I Statue
- Kauai Coffee Plantation
Load up your cameras, take a selfie, and marvel at the beauty this island has to offer. This eco-adventure is a great way to capture Kauai’s beauty and get back to enjoy the beautiful sunset. And if you need a ride while on Kauai, consider our local rideshare service holoholo. You can book rides to restaurants, attractions, events, the airport, and more!