The WWII: Honor our Heroes and Historic Honolulu tour offers everything the USS Arizona Memorial Pearl Harbor Tour offers, plus a visit to the “Mighty Mo” — the USS Missouri Battleship. This giant ship was once a true war machine during her prime, but now she rests quietly at Pearl Harbor. Sitting at over 58,000 tons and coming in at just under 900 feet from bow to stern, the Mighty Mo is a must-see. Not only will you get a guided tour aboard this giant but you’ll get to trace the historical footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur when he signed the treaty ending WWII.
Your Pearl Harbor tour will begin with your guide coordinating your admission tickets, and self-guided headsets. Self-guided headsets will allow you to experience the museum and other exhibits on display.
Then you’ll enjoy a meal provided by one of Oahu’s local popular restaurants. Then you’ll continue your tour to the often overlooked and under appreciated top attractions located in historic downtown Honolulu and the surrounding area. You’ll visit historic sites in Honolulu including Iolani Palace, which is the only palace on American soil along with other historical landmarks like the coral built Kawaiahao Church. Then cruise through the Punchbowl National Cemetery where your professional tour guide can explain the historical significance and history of the crater.
- View the dramatic film recounting the tragic event that took place at Pearl Harbor
- Embark the USS Arizona Memorial to pay tribute to servicemen
- Self-guided tour of the Road to the War and Attack Museum
- Observe the “black tears” of the USS Arizona Memorial
- Stand on the Surrender Deck of the USS Missouri “The Mighty Mo”
- Lunch Stop- A daily menu will be present to you early in your tour giving you an opportunity to select your meal.
- Take trip through the City of Honolulu to take in the sights
- Learn the history of Hawaii’s King Kamehameha, and take a photo at this statue
- See 1 of 2 Royal Palaces on American soil the beautiful “Iolani Palace”
- Immerse yourself in the History of Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific
- View the Unique Hawaii State Capitol Building and the Aloha Tower
- Hear the stories (mo’olelo) of downtown Honolulu historic Kawaiaha`o Church.
For rides to restaurants and activities after your tour, consider using local rideshare service holoholo. It’s a great alternative to renting a car or taking a cab – book in minutes or schedule a ride in advance. If you need a ride to or from Honolulu Airport, consider SpeediShuttle! Private and shared ride Honolulu airport transportation available.